Tuesday 26 November 2019

Double Background


This month, the Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday Challenge is to create a background using two textures or techniques. I came up with an idea, but I think it looked better in my head than it does in person!




I debossed the image, using an embossing folder of a church scene, and then added Gina K. Designs Blue Denim ink with a brayer. I coloured in the windows with some yellow Stickles and set it aside to dry.

A few years ago, I made the overlay with my die cutting machine. It's been sitting in my desk and I thought it would work for this card. I inked it up with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with a lilac sparkly embossing powder. I thought it was like looking through a fence or a window with a grid in it.

Using my MISTI, I stamped the sentiment, from the Gina K. Designs Sentimental Holiday stamp set, in Blue Denim and sponged around the edges.

added the background onto a navy blue card base, and then used some foam squares, cut into tiny pieces, to adhere the overlay. I added the sentiment with some more foam squares.

I hope you can see the scene through the overlay. It does seem to show up better in person.

1 comment:

  1. What a great look. It reminds me of looking through the fences that some rich people have around their mansions. Very peaceful scene.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.