Friday 1 November 2019

Scor-Pal More Than One Score Challenge - November




It's time for the next Scor-Pal More Than One Score Challenge. This month, the theme is Birthday or Family Celebration.





This is a card technique that I saw on Jennifer McGuire's blog. It is called Tri-Fold Window Card. The top layer has a die cut hole that looks through to the second layer. Then you open the second layer to see the inside where you can add a sentiment.

To start, score two 5 1/2" x 8 1/2" pieces of white cardstock at the 4 1/4" mark. This creates two top fold card bases. On one piece, with the fold at the top, decorate the front. I used a stripe stencil and rotated it to make a gingham pattern. With my Scor-Pal, I scored in the middle of every second yellow stripe. Then I turned the cardstock over and scored over the score lines so the scores come out from the front of the card, and aren't indented. It's hard to see in the picture, but the scores go in both directions.



On the other piece of cardstock, with the fold at the bottom, stamp your design. As you stamp it, also stamp it in the same place on the front of the other piece. I used my MISTI to make it easy, and masked off parts to make the design. After your design is finished, die cut the design out of the front piece. You should end up with something like this:



From the un-decorated 5 1/2" side, cut off about 1/8" on each piece of cardstock. Place the back of the front piece inside the decorated piece and adhere the two back pieces together. I used Scor-Tape to make sure the pieces stayed together. I added a sentiment, which I heat embossed, to the front of the card to finish it off.



I used the following supplies:

Scor-Pal
Scor-Tape
MISTI
Gina K. Designs: Art Stencils - Sassy Stripes
                            Dazzling Dahlia stamp set and coordinating dies
                            
Birthday blessings stamp set
                            Ink: Prickly Pear, Peach Bellini, Sweet Mango, Jelly Bean Green, Fresh Asparagus
                            White, Sweet Mango cardstock
VersaMark ink
Brown embossing powder
Tim Holtz Celebrate die
blending brush

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous. Thank you for sharing a tutorial with your wonderful card.
    Lots of love from Isia xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful design and I love how you showed the process of making it with your photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nifty idea! Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great design - love it!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.