Monday, 20 May 2019

Patterned Die Cut

This is my entry for the Splitcoast Stampers MISTI Monday May 2019 challenge. We are to have a die cut of patterned paper.

I decided to use my Cheery Lynn Designs Italian Flourish Doily Die and cut a piece of patterned paper from the Crate Paper - Oh Darling paper pad. I layered that onto a piece of orange cardstock which I attached to a cream coloured card base.

I bought Issue 188 of Simply Cards & Papercraft recently, and it included the Altenew Layered Daffodil die collection. I tried a few different colours before I found this combination and love the way it looks 3 dimensional. I cut out a piece of cream cardstock with the Creative Memories Oval cutting system, stamped the sentiment, from the Gina K. Designs Layered Daisies Stamp set with Stampin’ Up! Peach Parfait ink, and attached the daffodil. I popped this up with some foam squares.

I don't have a MISTI, but it sure would have made stamping the sentiment straight much easier!

Monday, 6 May 2019

Mother's Day Card

There is a new Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K. Designs. The theme is Just "Wing" It, and we must include something with wings on our project. The Mod Squad Challenge this week is to make a Mother's Day card, so I made a Mother's Day card with butterflies.

I used a technique that I saw on Jennifer McGuire's YouTube channel. I die cut the shapes of the butterflies out of the top layer of a top folding card and attached the butterflies inside with some Scor-Tape so they show through. 

The butterflies are actually made from some leftover foil. I had used the foil on the butterfly Foil Mates and saved what was left. Then I used some black cardstock and glued on the leftover foil. This gave me the black in the middle, and the foil on the rest. (I think next time I will use an adhesive sheet of some sort. It was hard to spread the glue evenly.) I then cut them out with the matching dies. I added the body and antennae on each one with an alcohol marker.

I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Jelly Bean Green cardstock, cut it out and attached the ends to the card front. I punched out the borders in the same colour and attached them to the sides.

Here is a picture of the inside.

The foil is so shiny that it is hard to get a good picture, but it looks so pretty in real life!

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Stamp n Foil Butterfly Kisses Dies
                            Glittering Green Fancy Foils 
                            Jelly Bean Green cardstock 
                            Holiday Frame Fillers stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink 
Spectrum Noir True Black alcohol marker
glue; border punch; white, black cardstock from my stash

Wednesday, 1 May 2019

May Scor-Pal Challenge

This month, the Scor-Pal More Than One Score Challenge #59 is Floral Fantasy. You can make anything, as long as it has more than one score line, and follows the theme. When I saw that the theme was flowers, I thought of a 3D set of stamps by Heartfelt Creations called Cascading Fuchsia. 

This set comes with three stamps that make 3 different sizes of flowers. Using a piece of Spectrum Noir Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock,  I stamped them with Gina K. Designs Black Amalgam ink, since I was going to colour them with alcohol markers. I cut them out and coloured them with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers: MG1, MG2, MG4, BP3, PL2, PL3, PL4, AG2, AG3, and AG4. Once they were dry, I used the McGill Paper Shaping Tool and Piercing Mat to shape them. I glued the pieces together and set them aside to dry.

For the card base, I started with another piece of white cardstock that measured 5 3/4" by 8 1/2". With my Scor-Pal, I placed the 8 1/2" side at the top and scored at 2 1/8" and 4 1/4". I also cut a piece of cardstock that was 1 1/4" wide by 8 1/2" long. I scored this at 4 1/4" and 6 3/8". 

I stamped my images, from the Heartfelt Creations Fuchsia Clusters stamp set, with the Black Amalgam ink and coloured them with the Spectrum Noir markers. I added the sentiment, from the Hero Arts Sentiments stamp set CL342.

To finish off the card, I used Scor-Tape to attach the strip near the bottom, and then added the three flowers.

I hope you can join us for this challenge and look forward to seeing your creations!