Monday 6 May 2019

Mother's Day Card

There is a new Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K. Designs. The theme is Just "Wing" It, and we must include something with wings on our project. The Mod Squad Challenge this week is to make a Mother's Day card, so I made a Mother's Day card with butterflies.



I used a technique that I saw on Jennifer McGuire's YouTube channel. I die cut the shapes of the butterflies out of the top layer of a top folding card and attached the butterflies inside with some Scor-Tape so they show through. 

The butterflies are actually made from some leftover foil. I had used the foil on the butterfly Foil Mates and saved what was left. Then I used some black cardstock and glued on the leftover foil. This gave me the black in the middle, and the foil on the rest. (I think next time I will use an adhesive sheet of some sort. It was hard to spread the glue evenly.) I then cut them out with the matching dies. I added the body and antennae on each one with an alcohol marker.

I stamped the sentiment onto a piece of Jelly Bean Green cardstock, cut it out and attached the ends to the card front. I punched out the borders in the same colour and attached them to the sides.

Here is a picture of the inside.


The foil is so shiny that it is hard to get a good picture, but it looks so pretty in real life!


I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Stamp n Foil Butterfly Kisses Dies
                            Glittering Green Fancy Foils 
                            Jelly Bean Green cardstock 
                            Holiday Frame Fillers stamp set
Memento Tuxedo Black ink 
Spectrum Noir True Black alcohol marker
Scor-Buddy
Scor-Tape
glue; border punch; white, black cardstock from my stash

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. You did Jennifer's technique justice for sure!!!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card and you certainly did well with Jennifer's technique. I love the design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks for joining in on my Just "Wing" It challenge this month at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.