Tuesday 26 November 2019

Alcohol Ink with Glitz Glitter Gel



I decided to make another card for the Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday Challenge - Double Backgrounds. I hope this qualifies, as it has two techniques for the background.




For the first layer of the background, I sponged three colours of homemade alcohol ink onto a piece of photo paper. Once it was dry, I added Gina K. Designs White Glitz Glitter Gel through the Plaid Folk Art Swirl Background stencil. I didn't cover the whole background, as I wanted more of the alcohol ink to show. I set this aside for a couple of hours to make sure it was completely dry. 

The sentiment came from the Gina K. Designs Seasonal Sentiments stamp set. I die cut the word out of turquoise cardstock and covered it with Glossy Accents. Once it was dry, I glued it onto the word outline, which I had die cut from white cardstock. 

Using my MISTI, I lined up the word Merry, stamped it with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it in white.

I added the background to a white card base and glued on the Christmas die cut.

1 comment:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.