Saturday 23 November 2019

Day 20 Tag


Today is day 20 of the 25 Days of Christmas Tags. I thought Rosemary's tag was so pretty!



Rosemary used a hot foiling system, which I don't have, but I thought I could get a similar look with a die and gold embossing powder.



I used a die, from the Frosty Christmas die set, by Sara Davies, which came with a magazine. I 'inked up' the die with VersaMark, by lightly tapping the ink on the die. Then I ran it through my die cutting machine with a rubber mat, so the die made an impression in the tag but didn't cut through. I added gold embossing powder and heat set it.

I used the same die, cut it out, heat embossed it in gold and glued it on the tag. I embossed the sentiment, from the Gina K. Designs Christmas Joy stamp set, and added it to the tag with some foam squares. I added the ribbon and twine to finish my tag.

It doesn't look quite as nice as Rosemary's die, but I am pleased with how it turned out. I am looking forward to tomorrow's tags!

5 comments:

  1. Your tag is so pretty! So clever to use heat embossing to get the same look as foiling! I'm so glad that I was able to inspire you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tag with the gold snowflake design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love your tag! Great job casing this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great way to get that foiling effect without the foil! It's a gorgeous tag, too. Thanks for joining us for Tracey's 25 Days of Christmas Tags event!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.