Monday 16 November 2020

Grateful card

This week, the Mod Squad Challenge is called So Grateful. We have to make a card with the word Grateful on it. I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Thanks/ Thanksgiving.





I decided to use some of my patterned paper on my card. I sometimes find that I don't want to use it, because it's so pretty! However, I saw Gina K. use some recently on one of her Stamp and Chat videos, and was inspired to make this card.

The paper is from the Gina K. Designs(GKD) Give Thanks patterned paper pack, and I layered it onto some GKD Fresh Asparagus cardstock.

I used the circle and a sentiment from the GKD Autumn Wreath Builder stamp set. Using my MISTI, I stamped the circle with GKD Fresh Asparagus ink. I lined up the sentiment and stamped it with GKD  Jet Black Amalgam ink. I cleaned the stamp and then stamped again with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I used a Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle die to cut it out.

I attached the two patterned paper panels to a white card base and then popped up the sentiment with some foam squares.


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful and that is a wonderful sentiment. I used it myself this Thanksgiving season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The sentiment is one that I feel daily. A beautiful sentiment on a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this, Dawn. Your choice of patterned papers is perfect, just beautiful. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.