Sunday 14 November 2021

Fall Colours Coffee Card

 



Here is my second card for the 2021 Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop




I am also entering this in the STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge.




For the background, I blended Gina K. Designs ink (Faded Brick, Sweet Mango, Honey Mustard and Warm Cocoa) on a piece of cardstock. Then I thought I would use a stencil (Harvest Flourish, from Gina K. Designs) and water to lift some of the colour off the background. Well, the water ran under the stencil and made the pattern much larger than the stencil. So, once it was dry, I carefully lined up the stencil, sponged on some VersaMark ink, removed the stencil, added some clear embossing powder and heated it up. It gave the shiny pattern with a bit of a shadow from the extra water, so it worked out quite well!

I added the panel to a card base and attached the focal image, Fall for Coffee ATC - Ephemera from STAMPlorations, to complete the card.

6 comments:

  1. I love the colors and that coffee looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. very beautiful
    Hello from Coffee Lovers Blog Hop!☕

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice FIX on the water running under the stencil - bravo for you! beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful colors and great background

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.