Sunday 7 November 2021

Diamond Background

 I saw a challenge on the Penguin Palace Challenge Blog that had an inspiration photo and color palette.



I have a Penguin Palace cover die (Classic Diamonds Backdrop) that I thought would make a great background, so I picked out some cardstock that matched the colors in the palette.



I used the die on the red, orange and yellow cardstock, saving the diamond shapes from the orange and yellow cardstock. I adhered the red piece to a piece of purple cardstock, using a Scor-Tape Adhesive Sheet, and then placed the orange and yellow diamonds in the holes. 

Since I had used the adhesive sheet, the little oval cuts were sticky. I used some Cool Highlight Crystal Glitter Ritz Transparent Micro Fine Glitter to fill in the ovals.

I wanted to give the diamonds a little shine, so I added some Ranger Glossy Accents. I cut a leaf out of some ribbon that I found at Costco and added that to the front of the card, along with a sentiment.


5 comments:

  1. What a lovely card! There was a lot of work involved in making it, but it was definitely worth the time investment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful with the wonderful colors and diamond background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love your take on the colour palette!! Thanks for playing along with the Penguin Palace challenge ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness - what an amazing paper piecing background - you did fabulous and it turned out so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.