Friday 27 March 2020

Rainbow Resist

When I was watching Gina's video the other day, I was inspired to create another rainbow card. I am entering this in the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge - Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.


I started by blending a rainbow of ink colours onto a piece of white cardstock. Once the ink was thoroughly dry, I used a sponge dauber and added VersaMark ink through a stencil. I removed the stencil, and heat embossed it in clear. Then I blended Slate ink over the entire background. I thought about using black ink, but wanted a softer look, so I went with a dark gray. The embossing powder keeps the ink from colouring the stenciled design and it shows through.

I didn't want to cover up too much of the background, so I stamped and embossed the sentiment, trimmed it down and added a black mat. I attached a piece of see through ribbon before adhering it to a white card base, and used some foam squares to add the sentiment.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Red Velvet, Coral Reef, Wild Dandelion, Lucky Clover, Blue Raspberry, Wild 
                                   Lilac and Slate ink
                            By the Sea stamp set
                            White, Black cardstock
Plaid FolkArt stencil - Swirl Background
VersaMark ink

I hope everyone is doing well. Stay safe.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you made this card. I hope to get to trying more stencil designs again soon too. Just ordered a few more in fact this afternoon. I took a break from my baking and laundry to shop. I guess even in side the home isolated we can still do online shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really loved this card and the technique.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.