Sunday 15 March 2020

Daffodil File Folder Tutorial


Hi, everyone. At the beginning of the month, I showed my project for the Scor-Pal More than One Score Challenge March #68 - Anything Goes or Spring/Easter. I'm back to show you how I made it.



I found this project on the Scor-Pal site. She used 12" x 12" cardstock, but I only had 8 1/2" x 11", so I adapted it. 

These are the supplies you will need:
Cardstock cut to the following dimensions:
1 - 6" x 11"
1 - 6" x 8"
2 - 4" x 8 1/2"
8 - 6" x 3 5/8"
I also used 2 - 3 7/8" x 6" to reinforce the top and bottom

1 sheet of patterned paper
magnets
Scor-Pal
Scor-Tape

Decorations and embellishments - I used Shabby Chic dies by Sara Davies Cardmaking & Papercraft magazine for the front scalloped decoration, and the Altenew Layered Daffodil die collection for the daffodils on top.






With your Scor-Pal, on the 6" x 11" piece score at 4" and 8". On the 6" x 8", score at 2" and 6".

On one of the 2" sides, make a mark at 1", add tape, and attach the 3" side to the tape. This gives you one long piece that measures 6" x 18".

On each of the two 4" x 8 1/2" pieces, score at every half inch but you want to alternate the scores as you are making mountains and valley folds. Score at 1/2", 1 1/2 ", 2 1/2", 3 1/2" etc. across the cardstock. Flip the cardstock from top to bottom, keeping the left edge in the same orientation. Score at 1", 2", 3". 4" etc. across the cardstock. Look for the first indentation, fold so the indentation is on the OUTSIDE of the fold, bump on the inside. Accordion pleat both pieces.


Using Scor-Tape, tape the bottom of each accordion piece to the third section on the long piece of cardstock. 



Add Scor-Tape to the sides to attach the dividers. I think it easier to show a picture than try to explain!



Don't put the tape all the way to the top, as the dividers are only 3 3/4". The tape is actually too long in the picture. I had to remove a bit when I attached the dividers. Add the dividers one at a time to make sure that they are lined up on each side. Then attach the last accordion flap to the front of the box. I found that the dividers curved quite a bit when empty, but straighten out some when you fill the spaces.




I added the patterned paper after I made this, but you could add it before you add the dividers. Also, because I used a die to make the decoration on the front flap, I die cut it from a smaller piece of cardstock and added it to the front flap. I used an old fridge magnet - the thin ones from company advertising - and cut it up. I held it in place before I attached it to make sure it would hold through the cardstock. I added one piece to the inside of the front flap and added the other to the inside of the front.


We would love to see your creations. You still have 2 weeks to enter, and all you have to do is have more than one score, and tell us where you used your Scor-Pal on your project. You could win a $25 gift certificate to the Scor-Pal storeThere are lots of projects on the Scor-Pal site if you would like some inspiration. Scroll down to the bottom and click on Project Listings.

2 comments:

  1. I love this! What a great project!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your file folder design is so well done and beautiful. I love daffodils too.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.