Monday 9 March 2020

Toned Down Neon

I decided to make another card for the Mod Squad Challenge - Bring on the Neon. We need to use neon or bright colours. I thought I would tone this one down a bit from the last one I made!




I used alcohol markers to colour my image. They don't show up quite as bright as my last card, but I think they are still vibrant.

I stamped the image and the sentiment on a piece of white cardstock. After colouring the image, I die cut it and also used the same die to cut it out of a piece of black cardstock. I taped the white cardstock to a white card base and filled in the hole with the die cut out of the black cardstock. Then I taped the black cardstock to the piece of white cardstock and fit the die cut image into the hole. If I haven't confused you by now, you get bonus points! Basically, I wanted the black layer to be smooth, so I had to cut a hole for it to fit into.

I coloured a few rhinestones with the same alcohol markers that I used for the flowers and added them to the card.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs Your Own Kind of Beautiful stamp set and die
              Jet Black Amalgam ink
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers FL2, FL3, BP6, AG2, GB6
              Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful basket of flowers with those bright colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have nailed that bright neon color with the black background. Really makes those colors POP, don't you think? Another great take on the challenge, thanks for playing along once again over at The Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sweet card...I like the neon, bright and happy. Placing it onto the black bkg really adds to the visual impact.
    :) Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love this take on the Neon Card! The black background was perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.