Friday 20 March 2020

Running Rainbow

I decided to make another card for the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge - Somewhere Over the Rainbow.


I've seen this idea before, but I haven't tried it. I used some Hilroy Watercolour paper and scribbled some Staedtler dye-based markers across the top. Then I used a water brush, dripped a couple of drops of water onto the red scribble and let them run to the bottom of the piece of paper. I then went to the yellow scribble and repeated the process. I didn't do the orange one right away, as the red was still wet and I didn't want them to run together. 

After I had finished all the colours, I thought it looked a little bare with only two trails from each colour, so I repeated the whole process. I used the end of my pokey tool to help guide the trails so they didn't run in the same place as the first time.

Once it was completely dry, I attached it to a black mat and then a white card base. I stamped the sentiment, from the Gina K. Designs Especially for You stamp set, in Gina K. Designs Jet Black Amalgam ink. After I added a black mat, I adhered it with some foam squares.


2 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.