Tuesday 28 July 2020

Ornament Wreath

I made one more card for the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge - Christmas in July



I wanted to make a square card, using the wreath builder template, so I went through my Gina K. Designs stamps and tried a couple of different combinations before settling on this.

The ornaments are from the Holiday Frame set, by Melanie Muenchinger, and are stamped with Gina's Jet Black Amalgam ink. The set of 8 ornaments are one stamp, and the cute little hangers are also one stamp, so once you get them lined up, it is easy to stamp them with the MISTI and wreath builder template. Then you rotate the cardstock 1/4 turn, stamp again and repeat, until you've stamped them 4 times. If I had adjusted them a bit, I would have had a solid wreath.

To fill in the ornaments, I used a couple of stamps from the Holiday Frame set, and also some from the Fabulous Holiday Fillers, also by Melanie Muenchinger. I love how the elements from her different sets can be used together. I used Gina's Passionate Pink, Wild Dandelion, Cherry Red, and Blue Raspberry ink.

The sentiment, from the Sketched Wreath Builder stamp set, was stamped with the Jet Black Amalgam ink and embossed with an opalescent embossing powder from my stash.

I used Gina K. Designs Red Velvet cardstock to mat the wreath layer and then attached it to a white card base. I thought it needed something else, so I added some Christmas Red Stickles to the corners.

So now I have a few Christmas cards made and can get lots of inspiration from all of the beautiful cards that are in the challenge!

Thanks for stopping by,
Dawn

3 comments:

  1. Lovely card! The stickles were a nice touch! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Christmas card! What a fun idea to use this set with the wreath builder! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.