Friday 24 July 2020

Slimline Christmas Card

I made another Christmas card for the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge - Christmas in July. I decided to make it a slimline card.



I used the Gina K. Designs Stamp n Stencil Wishing You Joy set. It comes with stamps and coordinating dies and stencil. The stencil has a background pattern, and smaller images that you can use to embellish the stamped images. 

I used a blending brush to add ink (Gina K. Designs Soft Stone ink) through the stencil to make the background. Then I stamped the ornaments (Gina K. Designs Blue Raspberry and Plum Punch) and cut them out with the die. I added Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo through the stencil to add details to the ornaments and let it dry until it was clear. This was the first time I had used this gel, so I foiled a couple of them (Gina K. Designs Silver Sequins Fancy Foils) with my embossing machine, using pressure, and a couple of them with the laminator, using heat. Both ways worked well.

I used my MISTI to add the ornament hangers to the top, and to stamp the sentiment with VersaMark ink, which I heat embossed in silver. I used a black mat for the sentiment to make it stand out.

I didn't have any matching Blue Raspberry cardstock, so I stamped along the edge of a piece of white cardstock with Blue Raspberry ink, before adding it to a white card base. I attached the stenciled background and then popped up two of the ornaments with foam squares, as well as the sentiment.

I was really pleased with the Transfer Gel and look forward to using it again!

3 comments:

  1. So very gorgeous and festive looking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely card! A Christmas in July success!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Love how you created a slimline card! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.