Wednesday 1 July 2020

Canadian Patriotic Card



It's time for another Scor-Pal More Than One Score ChallengeWe have a theme that the Design Team will follow, and we would love you to follow too, but if you don't want to you can do an "Anything Goes" creation as long as it follows the general rules. 

Each month we will have a different theme and you will have a month to create and enter your projects. As well as the theme you will need to make "More Than One Score" and tell us where you used the Scor-Pal on your project. So a single fold card won't count but an Easel, Gatefold, Stair Step, etc will :) Also we love to see your "Anything But a Card" projects, just as long as you make "More Than One Score".

This month, the theme is Summer or Patriotic. I decided to do a patriotic card, and since I live in Canada, our birthday is July 1st.



This is what I used to make this card:
Scor-Tape
Stampin’ Up! Real Red designer series paper, Outlined Occasions stamp set
Gina K. Designs Cherry Red ink
VersaMark ink
Plaid Folk Art Swirl Background stencil
blending brush
MISTI
clear embossing powder, maple leaf stamp, ribbon, sequin, pearl half


I don't have any fireworks stamps, but I thought a rosette would look like a firework burst. To make the rosettes, start with a piece of paper 12" x 5". With the 12" side at the top of your Scor-Pal, score every inch. Then flip the paper over and score every inch, starting at 1/2 inch. Cut the paper so you have 8 strips - 2 each of 1", 3/4", 1/2" and 1/4". My paper was double sided, so my 4 strip sizes looked like this.

Accordion fold all the strips. Tape the two 1"strips together to make a circle. Push down in the middle and add a circle of cardstock in the middle to hold it together. You can also add a circle at the bottom to make it easier to attach to your project. Repeat with the rest of the strips.

To decorate my card, I used a stencil for the background and stamped the sentiment at the bottom. I taped a piece of sparkly ribbon at the bottom of the stenciled portion and added the rosettes at the top.

I hope you have a chance to enter the challenge. You could win a gift certificate for the Scor-Pal store!


3 comments:

  1. What a delightful card!!! A lovely way to celebrate Canada Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I'm definitely going to use this idea!
    Lots of love from Isia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy belated Canada Day! We will celebrate our Independence Day on Saturday and this card works well for both holidays!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.