Saturday 23 May 2020

You Brighten My Day

I made a window card that I am entering in two challenges: Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday May challenge - Summer Peek-a-boo (we have to make a card with a window through to the inside); and Gina K. Designs May Monthly Mix challenge - Lean On Me (we have to make a card of encouragement and a matching envelope).



To make this card, I stamped the flowers and leaves with my MISTI and cut them out with the coordinating dies. I used the Gina K. Designs Layered Daisies stamp set, and Sea Glass, Turquoise Sea, Ocean Mist, Tranquil Teal, Wild Dandelion, and Lucky Clover ink, also from Gina K. Designs. 

I cut out the flower shape from the front of the card and glued the matching flower to the inside, using the die cut window to line it up. On the front of the card, I arranged the other flowers and leaves around the window. Following a tip from Jennifer McGuire, I used Glad Press’n Seal to pick up the arrangement. This made sure that all the die cuts stayed together. I then die cut the same flower shape as the window from the middle of the arrangement. I added glue to the back of the die cuts and pressed them on to the front of the card, matching up the window shape. Once the glue was dry, I removed the Press'n Seal. 

I added the sentiment, and heat embossed it in clear. When you open the card, you see the single flower on the inside.





To finish, I stamped the flower on a Turquoise Sea envelope. 

3 comments:

  1. This is so very gorgeous. Wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous with the cut out! love it! Thanks so much for playing along in our challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.