Tuesday 26 May 2020

Sweet Friend



Here's another card for the Spring and Summer Coffee Lovers Hop.


I used the free digital image from STAMPlorations again for this card. Even though it wasn't printed on watercolour paper, I did a bit of watercolouring. I used some ink cubes (Gina K. Designs Powder Blue, Blue Denim, Wild Dandelion, Grass Green) and smooshed them onto an acrylic block. Then I wet the paper, picked up some of the colour with a waterbrush and added the ink to the paper. I set this aside to dry thoroughly.

I wanted a soft background so it wouldn't overwhelm the main image, so I used Gina K. Designs 
Lovely Lavender ink with the ARTplorations All Blooms stencil.

I cut out the coffee cup and taped it to the background. The sentiment is from the Gina K. Designs Sweet Camellia stamp, stamped with Powder Blue ink, and adhered with some foam squares.




7 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I love your shading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty cup and colors. Great coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous colors and I like how you added the sentiment to the cup.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous! love the soft stenciled background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautifully created caffeinated card!💕

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.