Monday 11 May 2020

Mother's Day Card

I made this card for a few challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge Blog - A Day for Mothers,
Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday May Challenge - Summer Peek-a-Boo, and
Double D Challenges - Lavenders~Lilac~Purple Challenge.




When you open the card, you see more of the image.




I started with a piece of Gina K. Designs (GKD) heavy base weight white cardstock. I knew I was going to colour the image with alcohol markers, and they don't bleed through this cardstock. Using my MISTI, I stamped the flowers and bottle, from GKD Birthday Blessings, with Memento Tuxedo Black ink on the inside of the card. The MISTI allowed me to line everything up.

I coloured the image with Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers: HB1, HB2, HB3, LG5, EB2, and IG2. I used IG1 to give a shadow at the bottom.

To make the window, I measured on the inside where I wanted the Cottage Cutz Stitched Square die to be and then taped it to the outside of the card and ran it through my Cuttlebug. I decided to make a frame, so I taped two of the square dies together, and then coloured the die cut frame with the alcohol markers.

I used the flourish from the GKD Made with Love stamp set and stamped it with GKD Lovely Lavender ink. I added some dots, from the GKD Mandala Maker, by Rina K. to match the dots in the flourish. I stamped the sentiment, from the GKD Holiday Frame Fillers, by Melanie Muenchinger, on the square that was cut out from the window. I used GKD Wild Lilac ink.

You can adapt this type of card for any occasion. I think it's fun to see part of the image through the window and then see the whole image when you look inside.







6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and wonderful colors. I like the little window with the flowers peeking through.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really gorgeous card! I love the window!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautifully designed! Perfect colors, love the flourishes and your window and that sweet little jar of flowers inside! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Double D, Lavender, Lilac and Purple Challenge, Donna DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH WOW what a cool design! Love that little window that peeks into the beautiful jar of flowers! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Lavenders~Lilacs~Purples’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.
    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
    Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love~love your beautifully designed card, so pretty!! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I love your design here. Very creative, well done!!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.