Sunday 6 October 2019

Using Leaves as Stamps

This month the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge is repetition of the sentiment, or part of the sentiment. For the Mod Squad Challenge - Back to Nature, we need to have a piece of nature on our project, or use a leaf as a stamp. I combined the two challenges on my card.



I lined up Happy Birthday sentiments from Gina K. Designs (GKD) Fabulous Frame, By the Sea and Happy Birthday to You stamp sets on the door of my Misti, and stamped them in GKD Sweet Corn and Peach Bellini ink. I moved the card around, so the stamps were not lining up in the same position in each row.

Once I had the background finished, I inked up a set of three leaves that I found with GKD Faded Brick ink. I stamped this three times over the background. I used a sponge dauber to pounce the ink on the leaves, so I would get a good impression. I used the stem to pick it up and then pressed on each leaf with my fingertips.


I left room at the bottom, so I could attach a piece of ribbon and then added a leaf that I stamped with VersaMark ink, from the GKD Give Thanks stamp set, and cut out with the coordinating die.

I layered the background with a piece from the GKD Give Thanks patterned paper pack, and attached this to a white card base.

I was quite pleased with the way the leaves 'stamped'. They made a nice pattern on the card.

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.