Wednesday 16 October 2019

3D Papercraft

Scor-Pal has a new line of 3D Papercraft, designed by InArtCraft. There are animals, shapes, and numbers. I decided to do one of the cats. When you purchase one of the items, you get a pdf file that you print onto cardstock and then assemble.




I made it harder on myself by making it in black, but I have some tips for working with black cardstock. I used a laser printer, which makes a shiny line that you can see with good lighting. Then, using the pdf file as a reference, I wrote in the numbers with a white gel pen. If you don't have access to a laser printer, you can print the file out on white copy paper and glue or tape it to the black cardstock. 

To assemble, cut out the shapes, score along the fold lines, add Scor-Tape, fold the tabs in and, matching the numbers, tape all the tabs in place.

I had so much fun making the cat, that I decided to make the Birds on a Wall. We get a lot of Blue Jays here, so I made them in blue. 


There are some good tips on the Scor-Pal page to help you make your 3D creations. I hope you'll give them a try!


4 comments:

  1. I love them both. The birds are really spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! They look great. Sounds time consuming to me though and that is something I am always short on these days. It takes me forever to do anything anymore.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Verna. They do take a bit of time, but I make them while I'm watching TV so it doesn't seem long to me.

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.