Friday 4 October 2019

Outdoor Scene

This week, the Mod Squad Challenge is called Back to Nature. We need to use an item from nature on our project, or use leaves as a stamp. 

When I was out for my walk today, I found a piece of wood that looked perfect for a project. I picked up a few other things and made a scene on the piece of wood.



I started by sanding the wood to make it a bit smoother. I stamped the sentiment, from the Gina K. Designs (GKD) Dazzling Dahlia stamp set, with GKD Chocolate Truffle Amalgam ink. Because I didn't have the wood completely smooth, there were parts that didn't stamp, so I used a toothpick that I tapped on the ink pad to fill in the voids.

I thought the scene would look better with a little colour, so I added some GKD Powder Blue at the top and GKD Jelly Bean Green and Sandy Beach toward the bottom. Then I used a glue gun to attach all the pieces - bark, moss and cones. I used a marker to draw in the 'tree trunks'. 

I was really pleased with how this turned out. I'm glad that it was a challenge over at Mod Squad!



3 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I love your scene on wood.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love how you rose creatively to the Back to Nature challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Dawn. This is absolutely STUNNING. It looks just like a scene in the forest. You have really outdone yourself with this piece. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!



    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.