Thursday 29 October 2020

Fall Flower

 

I have another card for the STAMPlorations October Stencil challenge


I used a blending brush to add Gina K. Designs(GKD) Sweet Mango ink through the GKD Harvest Flourish stencil. I didn't like the way it looked, so I added some GKD Warm Cocoa ink, but I shifted the stencil over a bit, so the Sweet Mango showed through like a shadow. I added this to a GKD Dark Chocolate panel, adhered some velvet ribbon, and attached it to a white card base.

The flower comes from the GKD Zenflowers stamp set. I stamped it with my MISTI in GKD Dark Chocolate ink, cleaned off the stamp and then stamped it again with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it in clear. I love how the MISTI lets you stamp in exactly the same position multiple times! I used Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers: CT4, GB4, GB6, GB7, EB4 and EB5 to colour the flower.

I cut out the flower with the coordinating die and added it to a piece of Dark Chocolate cardstock, cut with a Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle die. I used some foam tape to attach it to the card.

I used the MISTI to stamp the sentiment, from the GKD Especially for You stamp set, with Dark Chocolate ink. I find with delicate sentiments, I like to stamp it twice so I don't put too much pressure on it and spread out the delicate lines. I rounded two of the corners and added it to a Dark Chocolate layer before taping it to the card.

Since I used the MISTI, I am entering this in the Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday challenge - Fall Theme. I am also entering it in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I liked what you did...shifting the stencil. That was effective.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.