Thursday 1 October 2020

October Scor-Pal More Than One Score



Here we are again at the beginning of another month! It's time for another Scor-Pal More Than One Score Challenge. This month, the theme is Harvest or Halloween, or you can make an Anything Goes project. 

Each month we will have a different theme and you will have a month to create and enter your projects. As well as the theme you will need to make "More Than One Score" and tell us where you used the Scor-Pal on your project. So a single fold card won't count but an Easel, Gatefold, Stair Step, etc will :) Also we love to see your "Anything But a Card" projects, just as long as you make "More Than One Score".

I made a 3D pumpkin, which could be for Harvest or Halloween.



I didn't have a pattern for a pumpkin, so I used this pattern for an icosahedron.   
https://www.goldennumber.net/bucky-balls/




I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out the design, and used my Scor-Pal to score all the lines. Then I realized that I would need some tabs to attach it together. I cut some small rectangles out of some scrap cardstock and attached it using Scor-Tape. The Stacker made it so much easier to add the Scor-Tape onto the design, as it held the tape, so I had two hands to work with.




Having assembled some of the 3D Papercraft from Scor-Pal, I found it fairly easy to attach all the tabs and make the sphere. 

Then I needed some leaves and a stem. I used the Gina K. Designs Rose Peonies stamp set for the leaves. I stamped them with Gina K. Designs Whisper Amalgam ink and coloured them with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers DG2, DG3, and DG4. They weren't exactly the right shape for a pumpkin leaf, so I filled them in a bit.  For the stem, I just took a piece of cardstock, coloured it with Spectrum Noir alcohol markers MB1, MB3, and MB4, and folded it into a square tube. I cut small slits in the top, folded them in and glued them. For the bottom, I cut small slits and folded the tabs out. I taped it to the top of the pumpkin with some Scor-Tape, and also added the leaves with more tape.

The pumpkin is not very big, since I started with an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of cardstock. If I had used a 12" x 12" piece, I could have made it bigger. It is very cute, though!

Now it's your turn to make something with more than one score. You might win a gift certificate to the Scor-Pal store!

4 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.