Saturday 29 December 2018

Gift Card Holder

I made this just before Christmas but I'm just getting around to posting it today. I needed a few gift card holders so I made ones like this. I am entering it in the Scor-Pal More than One Score Challenge #55 December - Anything Goes Christmas and the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.




These gift holders are quick and easy to make. Start with a piece of cardstock that measures 3 3/4" by 7 1/2", and score at 2 1/2" and 5".  Cut from the top of the 5" score line to the bottom of the right hand edge. You should end up with this:



Place some Scor-Tape along the very bottom of the right hand triangle and fold it over to create the pocket for the gift card. I used 1/8" tape so there was more room for the card. If you want more room, increase the height of the holder to 4". Add patterned paper to the inside and outside to decorate it.



To hold it closed, I made a belly band with ribbon and stamped a snowflake on a circle of cardstock. I attached it with a Glue Dot and also used a removable Glue Dot to hold the gift card in the holder. 

I used these supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Winter Cheer patterned paper pack
                             Christmas Pine ink
                             Sparkling Snowflake stamp set
Scor-Pal
Scor-Tape
ek tools 1 1/2” circle punch
Glue Dots
red cardstock, ribbon from my stash

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.