Sunday 2 October 2016

Non Traditional Christmas card

For the third World Cardmaking Day challenge at StampTV, we are to make a Christmas card with non-traditional colors. I am also entering this in the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Anything Goes.



I decided to use yellow and purple for my Christmas card. I wasn't sure how it would turn out, but once I finished it, I think it came out okay.

I stamped the trees and stars on the yellow cardstock. I die cut the ornament and the top of the ornament, sponged the edge of the ornament and heat embossed the top. I stamped the sentiment, tied a piece of ribbon onto the top of the ornament and attached a bow with a mini Glue Dot. I matted the background and added a strip of cardstock in the middle. I attached the ornament with some foam squares, taped the ribbon to the back of the matted background and adhered it to a white card base.

Here are the supplies I used:

Gina K. Designs: Lemon Drop and Wild Lilac cardstock
                             Wild Lilac ink
                             Sentimental Holiday stamp set
Impression Obsession dies
VersaMark ink
Recollections Gold Tinsel embossing powder
mini Glue Dot
foam squares, ribbon 

2 comments:

  1. Great design and those colors look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the green and purple combo - great Christmas card.
    Thanks for playing along at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.