Saturday 19 June 2021

Emboss Resist Background

 This month, the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge is to create our own background. I chose to do a technique that is a favourite of mine - Emboss Resist.



I started with a white piece of cardstock and blended the yellow, orange and green ink all over it. After letting it dry completely, I stamped the flowers and leaves with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I blended on the brown ink over the entire card. The embossed flowers and leaves resisted the brown ink, and let the colours underneath show through.

I stamped another flower and a couple of leaves and die cut them with the coordinating dies. I stamped the sentiment, cut it out with an oval die and layered it onto a scalloped oval die cut. 

After I had all the layers attached, I added a few rhinestones to add a bit of bling.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Dazzling Dahlia stamp set and coordinating dies
                             Little Thoughts stamp set, for the sentiment
                             Wild Dandelion, Tangerine Twist, Jelly Bean Green, Dark Chocolate ink
                             White, Sweet Mango cardstock
VersaMark ink

3 comments:

  1. Wow! This is so well done and beautiful! Great colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a gorgeous card! Beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Thanks for playing in our challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.