Friday 11 December 2020

Square Shaker Card

 This month, the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge is a Tic Tac Toe Challenge! We pick one row, column or diagonal, and use the three items on our project.

I picked the middle row: Heat Embossing, Square, Shaker.

The Mod Squad Challenge is White and Bright. We need to have white embossing on one colour of cardstock, and we can't use any other colour. 




I used Gina K. Designs Blue Lagoon cardstock, stamped the images and sentiment from the Gina K. Designs  Sparkling Snowflake and Holiday Frame stamp sets with VersaMark ink, and heat embossed them in white. 

I cut the middle square out and adhered it to a white card base. Then I placed my clear microbeads on the square and attached an Impression Obsession shaker card pouch. It has adhesive on the back, so you peel off the backing and stick it down! I added the rest of the embossed panel over the pouch to hide the edges and my card was finished.


6 comments:

  1. What an interesting challenge, and what a great job you did meeting the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very beautiful and I love all the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the Snowflakes and clever way you made a shaker card! Thank you for joining in Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. How beautiful, and very clever. I LOVE shaker cards and you have done one perfectly here. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card! It is so crisp! I never get my embossing so strong and no little bits everywhere! Do you have a special way of applying the powder? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Traci. I use an anti-static bag on my cardstock first. Then I sprinkle on the embossing powder and get rid of any stray bits with a small paint brush before I heat it. I hope this helps!

      Delete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.