Tuesday 15 September 2020

Foiled Stencil Card

 I decided to make one more card for the Mod Squad Challenge - Step Up Your Stencil




All of the supplies are from Gina K. Designs, unless otherwise specified.

I used the Ornamental Fans stencil and spread Deco Foil Transfer Gel Duo through it. I removed the stencil and washed it right away, so the gel wouldn't dry on it. Once the stenciled image was dry (it turns clear when it is dry), I foiled it with Sweet Mango foil by running it through my laminator. I also could have run it through my die cutting machine, where the pressure would have adhered the foil, but I needed my laminator for the sentiment, so I used that.

Speaking of the sentiment, it is a foilable image sheet that came in one of Gina's kits a while ago. I used a Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle die to cut out the image, and foiled it with Sweet Mango foil.

I matted both the sentiment and the background layer with Sweet Mango cardstock and attached them to a white card base.

The picture above doesn't capture the shine of the foil, so I took another one. It shows the shine, but doesn't show the true colour of the white cardstock! I find it really hard to get a good picture of foiled images.





Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. This is just beautiful. I am such a fan of foiling with transfer gel and a stencil. You have done it perfectly here! So happy to have you playing along with us once again over at The Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous. I love the foiling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! It really is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.