Saturday 19 September 2020

Fall Foliage

There are several challenges that call for Fall cards, and since I needed to make a card, I made a Fall card. I will be entering the following challenges:
Mod Squad Challenge - Autumn Foliage
Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge - Fall is almost here
Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday challenge - Autumn themed project



I used my MISTI to help me mask off the rectangle on a piece of Gina K. Designs (GKD) White cardstock with some washi tape. Then I added the colours with a blending brush using GKD Red Hot, Tomato Soup, Sweet Corn, Fresh Asparagus, and Warm Cocoa ink. 

I peeled off the washi tape and made sure the ink was dry before moving on to the next step. I placed the cardstock into my MISTI, stamped the leaves, from the GKD Skeleton Leaves stamp set, and the sentiment, from the GKD Autumn Wreath Builder stamp set, with GKD Dark Chocolate ink. I then cleaned off the stamps, but did not remove the stamps from my MISTI. I inked the stamps with VersaMark ink and heat embossed them in clear.

I added the panel to a GKD Coral Reef card base. Even though I didn't use Coral Reef ink, I thought it matched quite well.

Some of the leaves are starting to turn colour here, especially away from the city. I always look forward to the beautiful display that the trees give us!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card, love the Fall colors. Thanks for joining the Gina K. Monthly Mix Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so gorgeous. Wonderful blending. Great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truly brilliant! Everything works...and the leaves are perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.