Tuesday 22 September 2020

Falling Leaves

This is one of those cards that turn out completely different than the picture in your head! Even though the leaves haven't turned colour around here, they will be falling off the trees, as post tropical storm Teddy is hitting us tonight. 



I had a vision in my head of stamping the leaves, embossing them in clear and then adding ink over them. I think the Skeleton Leaves stamp set by Gina K. Designs (GKD) that I used wasn't the right choice for my vision. (I also used stamps from the GKD Autumn Wreath Builder and Give Thanks sets.) So once I added the ink (GKD Red Hot, Tomato Soup, Honey Mustard, Sweet Corn, Fresh Asparagus and Warm Cocoa) it didn't look like what I expected. 

I used a VersaMark pen to colour over all the leaves and acorns, added clear embossing powder and heat set it again. This locked the colour under the embossed areas. Then I added Warm Cocoa over the whole card, concentrating on the background. I used a piece of paper towel to rub any ink off the leaves. 

The sentiment came from the Autumn Wreath Builder and was cut out with a Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle die and heat embossed in gold. I layered the panel with GKD Coral Reef cardstock and attached it to a white card base. 

My MISTI came in handy for arranging and stamping the leaves, and for lining up the sentiment and border on my die cut circle.

Even though it didn't turn out as planned, I am happy with the result!

I am entering this in the following challenges:

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. A beautiful Fall card design with those beautiful leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might not have been your original image, but it is a lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your fall card, the leaves are beautiful on your card. Thanks for joining the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.