Monday 7 September 2020

Embellished Stencil

September is a busy month for birthdays in my family. I made this card for my nephew and had to wait to post it until after I gave it to him! It satisfies a few challenges that I am entering: Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix challenge - Fall is Almost Here (use fall colours); Mod Squad Challenge Blog - Step Up Your Stencil (use a stencil and embellish it); and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge - Stamp It In STAMPtember (use a stamp).





I used the Gina K. Designs (GKD) Ornamental Fans stencil and added GKD Faded Brick, Sweet Mango, and Honey Mustard ink with a blending brush.

I stamped the sentiment, from the GKD The Best Flowers stamp set, with Warm Cocoa ink, using my MISTI. I then stamped it again, with VersaMark ink, and heat embossed it with a Tinsel Vintage Mahogany embossing powder. 

I added a strip of cardstock along the edge of the stenciled area with GKD Connect Glue, and to embellish my stencil, I added dots of Ranger Glossy Accents.

Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful design and great blending of colors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful stenciling here. I love the colors you chose, and the Glossy Accents adds such a lovely, elegant touch. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Fall card, the ink blending on the stencil is perfect. Thanks for joining Gina K. Monthly Mix Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.