Monday 14 September 2020

Fall colours

I decided to make another card for the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix challenge - Fall is Almost Here and the Mod Squad Challenge - Step Up Your Stencil


I started with a white card base and the Gina K. Designs (GKD) Mandala Burst stencil. Using a blending brush, I added GKD Sweet Corn, Tomato Soup, Red Hot, Fresh Asparagus, and Warm Cocoa ink. I removed the stencil, cleaned it and then lined it up over the image again. I used a VersaMark ink pad to add the ink right over the coloured image. After removing the stencil, I added clear embossing powder and heat set it.

I added GKD Sweet Corn ink over the entire image and then wiped over the embossed parts to remove any ink that was there.

I stamped the sentiment, from the GKD Natural Silhouettes stamp set, with VersaMark ink on a piece of GKD Fresh Asparagus cardstock. I added gold embossing powder and heat set it. I used some foam squares to add the sentiment strip.

It is starting to feel a bit like Fall, here. The days are a little cooler and sometimes I need a jacket! A few of the leaves are starting to turn, which is my favourite part of Fall.

4 comments:

  1. This is just fabulous. I love the dimension you have achieved, and also your color choices. Thanks for playing along with us once again over at The Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful snowflake design. Gorgeous colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, love the autumn colors. Thanks for joining the Gina K. Monthly Mix Challenge.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.