Sunday 9 August 2020

Patterned Paper Trio

Today I have a card I made for an Anniversary, and it fits the criteria for a few challenges. The Mod Squad Challenge is Patterned Paper Trio - we need to use at least 3 different patterned papers, the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix Challenge is White Space - we need to have some white, or empty, space on our card, and the Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday Challenge is It's a Party!



The stamps, patterned paper and inks are all from Gina K. Designs.

I used the patterned papers to fill in the balloons and as accent strips along the bottom. The balloons, stamped with Jet Black Amalgam ink, are from the Happy Birthday to You stamp set, and the sentiment, stamped with Wild Lilac ink, is from the Follow Your Dreams set, by Theresa Momber. The paper is from the Sending Love and Delicate Essentials packs.

I used my MISTI to line up my stamps, and to double stamp them to get a nice impression.

I didn't have any cardstock in the right colour to mat my top layer, so I sponged some of the Wild Lilac ink onto the edge of a piece of white cardstock.

Since it is a simple design, I wanted some sparkle, so I embossed the sentiment with some opalescent embossing powder, and added some rhinestone hearts.

Thanks for stopping by!

Dawn


4 comments:

  1. Wonderful design with the three pattern papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the simplicity of the card. It's simple but still effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card, and wonderful design. LOVE what you have done with that patterned paper. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


    ReplyDelete
  4. so creative! love how you used pattern paper! Thank you for entering the Gina K Designs challenge this month!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.