Saturday 15 August 2020

Engagement Card

My niece got engaged last weekend, so I thought I would make a card for her and her fiance. I am entering it in a couple of challenges - Mod Squad Challenge - Patterned Paper Trio, and Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday August Challenge - It's a Party!


I chose the Gina K. Designs (GKD) Made With Love patterned paper pack because the colours looked a little more masculine (since I'm giving the card to both of them) and had the hearts on one of the patterns. I cut the papers into 1/2 inch strips and glued them on to the bottom of a white piece of cardstock with GKD Connect Glue.

I don't have any small stitched rectangle dies, so I used a Cottage Cutz Stitched Squares die and ran it partway through my machine, so only one end cut. Then I moved it along, trying to match up the edges, and ran it through the machine from the other end and partially cut that end. This gave me a rectangle and I stamped my sentiment (from GKD Holiday Frame Fillers stamp set by Melanie Muenchinger) with GKD Jet Black Amalgam ink, using my MISTI. This allowed me to line up my sentiment, and double stamp it, to get a perfect impression. I then heat embossed it in clear and cut a black mat for it. 

 To give the card a party feel, I added some hanging lanterns, which look like streamers. They are cut out of GKD Jelly Bean Green cardstock with the Memory Box Poppystamp Party Lanterns die. It even has the word 'party' in the name of the die! I added rhinestones to the lanterns to look like the light was sparkling. They also reminded me of the diamond in the ring!

3 comments:

  1. What a sweet card. Simple, but very well designed! Love your choice of patterned papers. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful mix of pattern papers and a great design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the hanging lantern idea! Nice idea to make it for both!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.