Sunday 9 February 2020

You Brighten my Day

There are a few challenges this week that have a similar theme, so I made a card that fits all of the requirements. I am entering it in the following challenges: 
Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday challenge - Happy Galentine's Day (make a card for your favourite gal); and 





There are a few challenges this week that have a similar theme, so I made a card that fits all of the requirements. I am entering it in the following challenges: Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix challenge - Just Add TextureMod Squad challenge - You're All HeartSplitcoaststampers MISTI Monday challenge - Happy Galentine's Day (make a card for your favourite gal); and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - With Love.



I started by adding some texture to my background with some texture paste that I made. I taped my white cardstock to a stencil and spread the texture paste through the stencil. Once it dried, I added some ribbon and taped it to a red card base.

I cut out a heart by hand, and using my MISTI, added my sentiment, and heat embossed it in white. I sponged the edge of the heart with some red ink. I added it to the card with some foam squares and finished it off with some heart rhinestones.

I used the following supplies:
MISTI
Gina K. Designs: Layered Daisies stamp set
              Sassy Stripes stencil
              Red Velvet cardstock and ink
VersaMark ink
homemade texture paste, ribbon, white embossing powder, foam squares, rhinestones

4 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. I love the stripes, they really make that red heart POP!!! Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very gorgeous and I love the heart being the focal point and the subtle stripes in the background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card...it would brighten anyone's day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card! Love how you used both texture paste and hest embossing! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.