Monday 10 February 2020

Sweet Friend

I liked combining challenges for my last card and decided to make another card for these four challenges: Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix challenge - Just Add TextureMod Squad challenge - You're All HeartSplitcoaststampers MISTI Monday challenge - Happy Galentine's Day (make a card for your favourite gal); and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - With Love.


So I was trying to get some texture on the background, and I tried a technique that embosses with a stencil. I used a rubber mat with the stencil (ColorBox 'Lovely' stencil) and cardstock in my Cuttlebug and got a slightly raised design. I thought that it didn't show up that well, and decided to add some Gina K. Designs (GKD) Red Velvet ink through the stencil onto the raised parts. Well, now it looks like I just used a stencil! In person, you can feel that the hearts are raised. I added this panel to a piece of  GKD Red Velvet cardstock and then onto a white card base.

I found a couple of heart die cuts that I forgot I had, so I used my MISTI to line up and stamp the sentiment, from the GKD Sweet Camellia stamp set, with GKD Red Velvet ink. I then embossed it with clear embossing powder. I also sponged some ink on the edge of the heart. I added this to the red heart and adhered it to the card with some foam squares. I thought it needed a little something, so I used a Glue Dot to fasten the bow above the hearts.

4 comments:

  1. So very beautiful. A great heart designed card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a sweet and simple card, and I love that background. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!


    ReplyDelete
  3. A very lovely card, and it will always be one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet card! Love how you embossed the background with a stencil! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Monthly Mix Challenge at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.