Sunday 5 January 2020

Let's Reflect

The new challenge at Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix is Let's Reflect. We are to take a card from last year, and re-create it, using at least one element from the original card. There is also a Mod Squad Challenge called Patterned Paper Play. We have to create our own patterned paper. I decided to combine them when I made my card.

This is the card from last year that I chose.


The element that I kept is the background. I made it a separate layer for my new card, so it's home made patterned paper.



I stamped the snowflakes, from the Gina K. Designs Sparkling Snowflake set, with Gina K. Designs Blue Denim ink, then stamped over them with VersaMark ink and clear embossed them. I fastened the 'patterned paper' to a dark blue panel and attached it to a white card base.

The sentiment is from Gina K. Designs Massive Messages stamp set and was stamped and embossed the same way. I matted it with dark blue cardstock and added it to the card with some foam squares. For the final touch, I adhered some rhinestones to the middle of some of the snowflakes.

I hope you like the re-created version of this card!



4 comments:

  1. Nicely done. Blue and white is always so classic. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful colors and great remake. I love the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new version is eye catching. Love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Love your remake! Thanks for playing along in our MMC @ Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.