Monday 6 January 2020

Reflecting Again

I have another birthday card today. It fits two challenges: Gina K. Designs January Monthly Mix - Let's Reflect, and Mod Squad - Patterned Paper Play.

For the Let's Reflect challenge, we are to take a card from last year, and give it a makeover. I chose this card, and used the same stamp set for the background.


The Patterned Paper Play challenge asked us to make our own patterned paper. Here is my new card.


I decided to leave the background in one piece, instead of cutting it into three panels. I used different colours for the flowers, but otherwise the background is pretty much the same. I coloured the edge of the piece that I used for the mat with the darkest marker that I used for the flower. I did the same thing on the mat for the sentiment. 

I found the beautiful bow among my ribbon collection, and added it near the bottom. I used foam squares to adhere the sentiment, and then added Nuvo Crystal Drops to the middle of the flowers.

Here are the supplies I used:
Gina K. Designs: Where Flowers Bloom stamp set
                            Rose Peonies stamp set (sentiment)
                            Jet Black Amalgam ink
Spectrum Noir: Ultra Smooth Premium White Cardstock

                         Alcohol markers MG1, MG3, MG4, MG5, DR6, AG1, AG3, AG5
Nuvo Crystal Drops: Gloss - Simply White 
1 3/4" scalloped circle punch
2" circle punch
foam squares

4 comments:

  1. Another beauty. Love your colors and design. Thanks for playing along once again over at The Mod Squad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very gorgeous are both of the cards you created. I love the wonderful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! What a festive doever! Thanks for playing along in our MMC @ Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.