Thursday 16 January 2020

Blue Feathers

This month, the Splitcoaststampers MISTI Monday Challenge is called Perfect Pantone. Pantone's Color of 2020 is Classic Blue, and we are to use that color on our card. Luckily, Gina K. Designs Blue Denim ink and cardstock are a matching color. For the Gina K. Designs January Monthly Mix Challenge, Let's Reflect, we are to take a card from last year, and give it a re-make.

This is a card I made last February.


And here is my re-made card.


I made an ombre background with Blue Denim ink and a blending brush. Using my MISTI, I stamped the sentiment, from the Gina K. Designs Stamper’s Favorites stamp set, in VersaMark ink, and heat embossed it in white. I added this panel to a white card base.

The feathers, from the same stamp set, were also stamped with VersaMark ink, and heat embossed it in white. I added ink to the feathers, using the leftover ink on the blending brush. I rubbed the white embossed part to remove any ink that might have adhered to it. I added the feathers to the card, and used a foam square to pop up the tip of one of the feathers.



3 comments:

  1. Both cards are so wonderful and I love the feathers design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both cards are lovely, but the second is really striking. GREAT job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Looks like its floating in the sky, like from Forrest Gump! Thanks for playing along in our MMC @ Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.