Sunday 1 September 2019

Back to School


This month, the Scor-Pal More than One Score Challenge #63 is Back to School. At first, I was stumped, as I don't really have any stamps for the occasion, but then I found this patterned paper pad in my stash.



I started with a piece of cardstock measuring 8 1/2" x 11". I made a mark 3" from the bottom on one side and 5 1/2" from the bottom on the other side. I lined up the two marks and cut along the line. You should end up with two pieces that are the same. You can set one aside for another card.

With the long edge along the top and the 3" side on the left of my Scor-Pal, I scored at 2 3/4" and 8 1/4". Then I flipped it over so the 5 1/2" is on the left and scored at 5 1/2". 

I decorated the card with the We R Memory Keepers Hall Pass 6x6 paper pad, using Scor-Tape. I wanted to add a couple of embellishments, so I used the Gina K. Designs Fruit of the Season Stamp set and matching die, stamped in Cherry Red Dye ink, for the apple, and the Art from the Heart Stamp set, stamped with Whisper Amalgam ink, for the pencils. I coloured in the pencils with some coloured pencils.





It's hard to believe that September is here already! While I like the warm temperatures in Summer, I always look forward to the cooler temperatures and pretty leaves in the Fall.

Thanks for looking, and I hope you will give this month's challenge a try!

3 comments:

  1. Great card with that fold and wonderful pattern paper. Sure works for Back to School.

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABULOUS card!
    Lots of love from Isia xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dawn, what a great card! Love the patterned paper that you used! Great job, my friend - it's fun working with you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.