Thursday 19 September 2019

Alcohol Ink Fall Background

I had recently bought some Yupo paper and decided to play with my homemade alcohol inks. My parents anniversary was this week so I made this anniversary card.


I first spritzed the paper with rubbing alcohol and then dropped colours of ink onto the paper.  I kept dropping different colours to get a Fall effect. To finish it off I went over it with a foam pad. This gave it a smoother finish.

Once the ink was dry, I made the pattern of falling leaves. To do this, I used my MISTI so that I could stamp in the same place several times. I placed one of the leaf stamps from the Gina K. Designs (GKD) Autumn Wreath Builder stamp set onto the door of the MISTI, inked it up with GKD Whisper Amalgam ink and "stamped" it onto the paper. This lifted the alcohol ink off the paper. I removed the Yupo paper, put in regular cardstock and stamped the image. This transferred the alcohol ink onto the cardstock. I repeated this process a few times for each leaf image.

I cut the sentiment out with my Silhouette Cameo using GKD Sweet Corn cardstock and cut the background out of GKD Dark Chocolate. I mounted the background and sentiment onto some GKD Fresh Asparagus cardstock before placing it on a white card base. To give it some sparkle, I used some Clear Wink of Stella on the sentiment.

I'm entering this into the Gina K Designs September Monthly Mix Challenge, Fall is in the Air; and the Simon Says Stamp/ Gina K Design collaboration.

Here is a picture of the bookmark I made out of the cardstock that I transferred the alcohol ink onto.  After I transferred the images I added some Sweet Corn ink to colour the background.



3 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous! I am not sure I understand how you did it but I am assuming you need something special to stamp the leaves with in order to take the alcohol ink away. And, more then likely I don't have it. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Verna. I used the Gina K. Whisper Amalgam ink to lift off the alcohol ink. I read about it on one of the design team's blog posts.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Dawn! I love the background you created and then using Gina's Amalgam Ink to lift the ink! <3 I was so surprised when I did this and it lifted my ink from the background I was trying to make! Happy Accident. :) Thank you so much for playing along in this months Challenge over at Gina K. Designs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.