Saturday 7 September 2019

Fall Tag

On the Mod Squad Challenge blog this week, we are to make Anything But a Card. Over at Gina K. Designs, the Monthly Mix Challenge is Fall is in the Air. We are to create our own patterned paper, or use some of our Gina K. paper, with a Fall theme. I decided to make a tag with my homemade patterned paper.



To make the patterned paper, I placed the stamps on my MISTI cover, and using ink cubes, inked up the stamps and stamped them onto a piece of white cardstock. I turned the cardstock, stamped again, and repeated until the piece was covered. I coloured in the acorns with alcohol markers.

I punched the top of a piece of Sweet Mango cardstock to make the tag, punched the paper and added it to the tag. 

For the sentiment strip, I didn't have any cardstock that was the colour I wanted, so I used a piece of white and sponged on Warm Cocoa. I stamped the sentiment with VersaMark ink and heat embossed it in white. I added a piece of ribbon that seemed to match perfectly!

We're preparing to be hit by Hurricane Dorian later this evening. The rain and wind have started and a lot of people have lost power. I better get this posted before we lose power, too!


I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Autumn Wreath Builder, Sweet Camellia stamp sets
                     Ink: Sweet Corn, Fresh Asparagus, Red Hot, Warm Cocoa, Sweet Mango, Honey                                         Mustard
                     White, Sweet Mango cardstock
MISTI

VersaMark ink
Spectrum Noir Alcohol Markers GB6, GB10
Stampin’ Up! Scalloped Tag Topper punch
white embossing powder, ribbon from my stash

3 comments:

  1. First off I hope you & your family are ok and didn't get any damage. Second Your tag is so Sweet! I love how the stamps match the ribbon you have! Loe it! Thank you for joining in the Challenge this month over at Gina K. Designs! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautiful and the ribbon is a perfect match too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely tag and the ribbon is perfect.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.