Friday 30 August 2019

Getting in Shape

No, this isn't a post about exercising! It's the name of the August MISTI Monday challenge on Splitcoaststampers. We have to use a geometric shape to create our background. I am also entering this in the Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix challenge - For the Boys (Make a masculine card); Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge - S is for...; and Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge - Anything Goes.



I used my MISTI and my wreath template to make the oval background pattern. For the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge, my S stands for Shades of green. 

I used the small oval from the Gina K. Designs (GKD) Holiday Frame Filler stamp set and stamped it in GKD Jelly Bean Green, Grass Green and Fresh Asparagus ink. 

I stamped the sentiment, from the GKD Birthday Blessings stamp set, in GKD Jet Black Amalgam ink and used my Cut-Align to cut it out. I brushed the Fresh Asparagus ink cube along the edge of the sentiment piece to give it some definition against the background. I layered this on the background, which I had matted with Fresh Asparagus cardstock, and placed the whole thing onto a white card base. 


  

3 comments:

  1. I love all the varied shades of green in your design. Awesome look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful masculine card! Love the oval design! Thank you so much for playing along with this months Monthly Mix Challenge over at Gina K. Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple but effective...good job!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.