Thursday 1 August 2019

Scor-Pal's More Than One Score Challenge #62 - Stylish Storage





This month, the More Than One Score challenge is to create some Stylish Storage. I made a Patterned Paper and Scor-Tape Holder.




I was looking on Pinterest and found this post, which sends you to two posts that explain how to make the two sections. I kept the back section the same and tweaked the front section slightly. I will give you the directions to make the project as I made it.

For the back section, the patterned paper pack holder, start with two pieces of cardstock that measure 8 1/4" x 8 3/4". On each piece, score the short side at 2" and the long side at 1/2" and 2 1/2". On one piece, with the 8 3/4" side at the top of your Scor-Pal and the 1/2" score line on the left, make a mark at 5 1/2" down on the right hand side. With a pencil, join that mark with the bottom of the 2 1/2" score line. See the picture below, which will hopefully make this clear!






On the other piece, with the 8 1/4" side at the top and the 2" score line on the left, score at 5 1/2" down to the 2 1/2" score line. Draw a line from here to the bottom right corner. 





Cut along the pencil lines and score lines to create the tabs as shown below.





Add Scor-Tape along the tabs as shown, attach the two pieces along the sides and fold in the bottom.






You will end up with this:






For the Scor-Tape holder, start with a piece of cardstock 8 1/2" x 10 3/4". With the 8 1/2" side at the top, score at 2" and 4 1/4". With the 10 3/4" side at the top, and the 2" score line on the left, score at 2 1/4" and 8 1/2". Then score at 1 3/4" and 9", just down to the second score line (4 1/4"). Cut along these two score lines, down to the 4 1/4" score line, and then cut along the 4 1/4" line to the 2 1/4" line on each side. Cut along the 2" score line into the 2 1/4" line on each side. This will give you two tabs on each side.

On the top section, measure up 2 inches and draw a line from there to the top of the 10 3/4" side at the 2 1/4" score line. Do this on each side and cut along the lines. You should end up with this shape.





Add Scor-Tape along the tabs, fold the back up and attach to the bottom. Then fold the front up and attach.




You will end up with this:






Tape the two sections together using Scor-Tape. Then you can decorate it as you wish. I used Gina K. Designs Delicate Essentials patterned paper pack and some pink cardstock that I had in my stash. I made dividers for the patterned paper, labelled them with the name of the pack and wrote the coordinating cardstock colours on the divider for each one. 

The front part, which holds my Scor-Tape, also holds my Scor-Envi, which fits in my Scor-Pal to create envelopes.

I hope I have explained how to make this! If you have any questions, please leave them in the comments and I will do my best to answer them. Thanks!



4 comments:

  1. WOW! What a great project! You know how I love storage, so you probably aren't surprised that I love it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super clever and cool! I am afraid I would need a gigantic holder for all my pattern papers. I am thinking I need to use more of it instead of just letting it sit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous! As usual, such beautiful design. Such dreamy colors!
    Lots of love from Isia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Dawn! Great storage solution for Scor-Tape! Will have to give this a try! Beautifully done, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.