Monday 5 November 2018

Square Christmas Card

Gina K. Designs had a new release last week and there was a Release Party Challenge on StampTV - Square Up! We were to make a square card. There is also a monthly challenge on Stamp TV, and this month it is to make a Monochromatic Christmas Card/Project. I made this card to enter into both challenges. 




I decided to do a fairly simple design and dress it up with embossing. I used three different colours of embossing powder and mixed two of them together to give me the colour I wanted. After stamping a poinsettia with VersaMark ink, I spooned one colour on every second petal, one at a time, dumping the excess off each one, before moving on to the next. Then I covered the whole flower with the mixed colour and heated it. I repeated the process until the whole piece was covered. I then matted it with red before attaching it to a white card base.

I stamped the sentiment on a small piece of white cardstock and popped it up with a piece of foam tape.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Merry & Bright Stamp set
                            Cherry Red ink
                            Red Velvet cardstock
VersaMark ink
white cardstock, embossing powder, foam tape from my stash

2 comments:

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.