Monday 29 October 2018

Triangular Box

I was looking on Pinterest for some cute treat boxes and found this one. I adjusted the size slightly so I could use a 6" x 6" piece of patterned paper.


I liked the pattern for this box because it doesn't require any cutting, and comes together very quickly. To make the box, start with a piece of patterned paper 4 1/4" x 6". I used a piece from the Gina K. Designs - Give Thanks pack. With the 6" side at the top of your Scor-Pal, score at 3". On the 4 1/4" side, make a mark at 2 1/8" on each end. Score from the mark to the end of the 3" score line on each side. Repeat on the other end and fold on all the score lines. You should end up with something like this:


With the 6" side on top, bring the two corners together, overlap slightly and glue the tips together. Repeat for the other side. When dry, punch a small hole in each side. I used a 1/8" punch.


Fill with your goodies and add a tag. To make the tag, I stamped the sentiment (A Gift for You stamp set), with Honey Mustard ink, onto a piece of ivory cardstock, die cut it with a Cottage Cutz Stitched Circle die and sponged the edge with Honey Mustard. Using some Scor-Tape, I matted it with some Honey Mustard cardstock, punched with a 1 3/4" scalloped circle punch. I used some baker's twine to tie the tag onto the box. All of the stamps, ink and cardstock are from Gina K. Designs.


Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you get a chance to make this easy box.


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful box for giving holiday treats to friends and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How ingenious! Love it...great job.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.