Monday 8 October 2018

Inching Along

I made this card for the Mod Squad Challenge Blog. This week, the challenge is called Inching Along. We have to use at least one Inchie, an image that is an inch square, as our focal image. Here is what I came up with.



I didn't have a lot of time to make this card, so I decided to keep it fairly simple. I started by stamping the images with Memento ink, coloured them with alcohol markers and punched them out with a 1" square punch. I stamped the sentiment with Charcoal Brown and punched it out as well. I ran the edges of the squares along the ink pad to add some colour.

I punched out 4 scalloped squares and stamped them with a splatter stamp before attaching the inchies to them. I covered the front of a 4" square card with some patterned paper and then adhered the scalloped squares.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Give Thanks, Rose Peonies Stamp sets
                            Give Thanks patterned paper pack
                            Fresh Asparagus, Charcoal Brown ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink 
Spectrum Noir: Ultra Smooth Premium White cardstock
                          Alcohol markers: EB4, GY5, OR1, OR2, OR3, GB4, DG3, DR5
1” square punch
1 1/2” scalloped square punch
glue dot runner


3 comments:

  1. GreatFall card design and I like the inchies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card! Simple but effective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so wonderful! I love the scalloped border on your inchies. Great take on the challenge, thank you so much for participating this week at the Mod Squad Challenge
    Judy~ Mod Squad Challenge Designer
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.