Monday 11 October 2021

Smooshing technique

 I used the ink smooshing technique to make the background for this birthday card. I added some pumpkins, so I am entering it in two challenges - Gina K. Designs Monthly Mix (ink smooshing with a Fall theme) and Mod Squad (add at least one pumpkin).




To make the ink smooshed background, I used a large acrylic block and tapped my ink cubes on the block to transfer some colour. Then I sprayed it with a bit of water and smooshed my cardstock into the wet ink on the block. It makes some interesting patterns on your cardstock. If there are some bare spots, you can smoosh it into any ink that's left on the block. It's also fun to leave a few spots of white.

Once I let my background dry, I attached it to a white card base and added the pumpkins and the sentiment.

I used the following supplies:
Gina K. Designs: Haunts and Harvest stamp set and coordinating die
                             Enjoyable Greetings stamp set
                             Enjoy and shadow die set
                             Jelly Bean Green, Tangerine Twist, Honey Mustard, Warm Cocoa, Faded Brick ink
                             Chocolate Truffle Amalgam ink
                             White, Dark Chocolate cardstock
Canson XL Recycled Bristol cardstock (for the ink smooshing)
VersaMark ink
Spectrum Noir alcohol markers: OR1, OR2, OR3, GY3
brown embossing powder


4 comments:

  1. Perfect background for the pumpkins. Beautiful card design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A most 'enjoyable' technique! LOL! It creates a really nice background.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your background and the card is fabulous! Thank you for joining in this months challenge over at Gina K. Designs! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card. Your background is perfect to showcase those pumpkins, well done!! Lots of great work here, and great take on the challenge. Thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad.
    Judy~ MSC Designer

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.