Sunday 16 May 2021

Butterflies

 I was making a Thinking of You card for a friend and decided to enter the Mod Squad Challenge - Feeling Bookish. We need to use a page from a book, magazine, or anything that has writing on it. I used a piece from a newspaper page.



I wanted the butterflies to look like monarchs, so I knew I had to use orange and black on the two layer stamp, but the part that is orange is the detail stamp and the black part is the solid background. So if I stamped the black background first, the orange wouldn't show up. I stamped the orange part first, and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. Then I stamped over it with a water based black ink. The ink didn't stick to the embossed areas, so I was able to wipe it off. I had a bit of smudging, and there were a few spots where I had stray embossed areas, so I filled them in with a black marker. They show up a bit shiny in the picture.

It's hard to tell in the picture, but I blended some Warm Cocoa and Tangerine Twist ink on the piece of  newspaper before I attached it to the black layer.

I used a scalloped die to cut the edge off the front. I didn't have any Tangerine Twist cardstock, so I blended Tangerine Twist ink onto a strip of white cardstock before I added it to the edge of the inside of the card.

I used the following supplies:

Gina K. Designs: Butterfly Kisses Stamp n Foil set
                             Warm Cocoa, Tangerine Twist ink
                             Jet Black Amalgam Ink, for the sentiment
                            White, Black cardstock
Sizzix scalloped edge die
Recollections Planner Accessories die
Memento Tuxedo Black ink, for the butterfly
clear embossing powder, black marker


3 comments:

  1. Your card is gorgeous. I love the colors and the butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really a lovely card, and a great take on the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous design and I love the butterflies. Great take on the challenge, thanks so much for playing along with us over at The Mod Squad.
    Judy~MSC DT

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate each one.